Internet explorer was the first and widely used browsers in the initial years of web world. However, with the passage of time, a lot of new browsers were introduced and IE took a back seat for a while. Now, Microsoft is working really hard to get back in the competition as we can see the transitions of browsers from IE8 to IE9 and now IE10 is already being tested. Let us take a look the differences between the different versions to analyze the improvements Microsoft has been working on.
Internet Explorer 8
This version was offering a few advanced features if compared to previous versions. Following were the features:
- IE8 had a very good feature of search suggestions. As soon as you type something, it offered the relevant search suggestions for users’ convenience to pick from.
- An accelerator was another feature in which users could easily perform their job browsing jobs without even having to visit the website.
- The performance and speed was improved like anything.
- New look for the address bar was introduced. Not only this, since it saves the history, you did not have to write the entire address again and again
- InPrivate browsing was a great feature because it left no evidences of your browsing hence enhancing your browsing privacy,
Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 9 has now been launched and it is an improved and new version of Internet Explorer with a lot to offer.
- You can pin down your favorite websites with the help of Win 7 task bar.
- A new addition is downloading manager which gives you an option to pause and start the downloading again.
- For quicker navigation, a tab page has introduced for your favorite websites.
- Address bar has been improved a lot. It is not only an address bar but a search bar as well.
- Enhanced tabs have also been introduced.
- There is a notification bar in IE9.
- Add on performance advisor is present in IE9 to let you know If an add-on is affecting the speed of your browser.
Internet Explorer 10
Internet explorer 10 is expected to be an enhanced version of IE9 with a few changes here and there. But, expectations are always high when it comes to any product from Microsoft. IE10 is expected to have a positioned float, CSS3 gradients, HTML5 drag and drop, HTML5 Sandbox and many more. Currently, it is being tested. All the web lovers should expect a lot from IE10, keeping in mind the improvements they have always been doing.